Bean Products Messaging Terms & Conditions
1. User Opt In. You agree to receive recurring automated promotional and personalized marketing text (e.g., SMS and MMS) messages (e.g. cart reminders) from Bean Products, including text messages that may be sent using an automatic telephone dialing system, to the mobile telephone number you provided when signing up or any other number that you designate. By providing your phone number, you represent and warrant that you are providing your own phone number, and not someone else’s, and that you are a legally-authorized user of this phone number. Consent to receive automated marketing text messages is not a condition of any purchase. While you consent to receive messages sent using an autodialer, the foregoing shall not be interpreted to suggest or imply that any or all of Our mobile messages are sent using an automatic telephone dialing system ("ATDS" or "autodialer"). Message and data rates may apply. Message frequency varies.
2. User Opt Out. If you do not wish to continue participating in the Program or no longer agree to this Agreement, you agree to reply STOP, END, CANCEL, UNSUBSCRIBE, or QUIT to any mobile message from Us in order to opt out of the Program. You may receive an additional mobile message confirming your decision to opt out. You understand and agree that the foregoing options are the only reasonable methods of opting out. You acknowledge that our text message platform may not recognize and respond to unsubscribe requests that alter, change, or modify the STOP, END, CANCEL, UNSUBSCRIBE or QUIT keyword commands, such as the use of different spellings or the addition of other words or phrases to the command, and agree that Bean Products and its service providers will have no liability for failing to honor such requests. You also understand and agree that any other method of opting out, including, but not limited to, texting words other than those set forth above or verbally requesting one of our employees to remove you from our list, is not a reasonable means of opting out.
4. Program Description: Without limiting the scope of the Program, users that opt into the Program can expect to receive messages concerning the marketing, promotion, payment, customer support, delivery (including order confirmations, tracking information, and shipping updated via email), other transactional-related messages and sale of our products. Messages may include checkout reminders.
5. Message Frequency, Cost and Changes. Message and data rates may apply. You agree to receive messages periodically at Our discretion. Daily, weekly, and monthly message frequency will vary. We reserve the right to alter the frequency of messages sent at any time, so as to increase or decrease the total number of sent messages. We also reserve the right to change the short code or phone number from which Our messages are sent.
6. Support Instructions. For support regarding the Program, text "HELP" to the number you received messages from or email us at email@example.com. Please note that the use of this email address is not an acceptable method of opting out of the program. Opt outs must be submitted in accordance with the procedures set forth above.
7. MMS Disclosure. The Program will send SMS TMs (terminating messages) if your mobile device does not support MMS messaging.
8. Our Disclaimer of Warranty. The Program is offered on an "as-is" basis and may not be available in all areas at all times and may not continue to work in the event of product, software, coverage or other changes made by your wireless carrier. We will not be liable for any delays or failures in the receipt of any mobile messages connected with this Program. Delivery of mobile messages is subject to effective transmission from your wireless service provider/network operator and is outside of Our control. Carriers are not liable for delayed or undelivered mobile messages.
9. Supported Devices. The Program is offered on an "as-is" basis. Not all mobile devices or handsets may be supported and our messages may not be deliverable in all areas. Bean Products, its service providers and the mobile carriers supported by the program are not liable for delayed or undelivered messages.
10. Contact. This Program is a service of Bean Products, located at 1500 S. Western Ave Suite 4BN, Chicago IL 60608, United States.
11. Age Restriction: You may not use or engage with the Platform if you are under thirteen (13) years of age. If you use or engage with the Platform and are between the ages of thirteen (13) and eighteen (18) years of age, you must have your parent’s or legal guardian’s permission to do so. By using or engaging with the Platform, you acknowledge and agree that you are not under the age of thirteen (13) years, are between the ages of thirteen (13) and eighteen (18) and have your parent’s or legal guardian’s permission to use or engage with the Platform, or are of adult age in your jurisdiction. By using or engaging with the Platform, you also acknowledge and agree that you are permitted by your jurisdiction’s Applicable Law to use and/or engage with the Platform.
12. Prohibited Content: You acknowledge and agree to not send any prohibited content over the Platform. Prohibited content includes:
- - Any fraudulent, libelous, defamatory, scandalous, threatening, harassing, or stalking activity;
- - Objectionable content, including profanity, obscenity, lasciviousness, violence, bigotry, hatred, and discrimination on the basis of race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation, or age;
- - Pirated computer programs, viruses, worms, Trojan horses, or other harmful code;
- - Any product, service, or promotion that is unlawful where such product, service, or promotion thereof is received;
- - Any content that implicates and/or references personal health information that is protected by the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act ("HIPAA") or the Health Information Technology for Economic and Clinical Health Act ("HITEC" Act); and
- - Any other content that is prohibited by Applicable Law in the jurisdiction from which the message is sent.
13. Dispute Resolution. In the event that there is a dispute, claim, or controversy between you and Us, or between you and Stodge Inc. d/b/a Postscript or any other third-party service provider acting on Our behalf to transmit the mobile messages within the scope of the Program, arising out of or relating to federal or state statutory claims, common law claims, this Agreement, or the breach, termination, enforcement, interpretation or validity thereof, including the determination of the scope or applicability of this agreement to arbitrate, such dispute, claim, or controversy will be, to the fullest extent permitted by law, determined by arbitration in Chicago , IL before one arbitrator. No class actions. YOU UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT, BY AGREEING TO THIS AGREEMENT, YOU AND Bean Products ARE EACH WAIVING THE RIGHT TO A TRIAL BY JURY OR TO PARTICIPATE IN A CLASS ACTION AND THAT THIS AGREEMENT SHALL BE SUBJECT TO AND GOVERNED BY THE FEDERAL ARBITRATION ACT (the "FAA"). The parties agree to submit the dispute to binding arbitration in accordance with the Commercial Arbitration Rules of the American Arbitration Association ("AAA") then in effect. Except as otherwise provided herein, the arbitrator shall apply the substantive laws of the Federal Judicial Circuit in which Bean products Company’s principle place of business is located, without regard to its conflict of laws rules. Within ten (10) calendar days after the arbitration demand is served upon a party, the parties must jointly select an arbitrator with at least five years’ experience in that capacity and who has knowledge of and experience with the subject matter of the dispute. If the parties do not agree on an arbitrator within ten (10) calendar days, a party may petition the AAA to appoint an arbitrator, who must satisfy the same experience requirement. In the event of a dispute, the arbitrator shall decide the enforceability and interpretation of this arbitration agreement in accordance with the FAA. The parties also agree that the AAA’s rules governing Emergency Measures of Protection shall apply in lieu of seeking emergency injunctive relief from a court. The decision of the arbitrator shall be final and binding, and no party shall have rights of appeal except for those provided in section 10 of the FAA. Each party shall bear its share of the fees paid for the arbitrator and the administration of the arbitration; however, the arbitrator shall have the power to order one party to pay all or any portion of such fees as part of a well-reasoned decision. The parties agree that the arbitrator shall have the authority to award attorneys’ fees only to the extent expressly authorized by statute or contract. The arbitrator shall have no authority to award punitive damages and each party hereby waives any right to seek or recover punitive damages with respect to any dispute resolved by arbitration. The parties agree to arbitrate solely on an individual basis, and this agreement does not permit class arbitration or any claims brought as a plaintiff or class member in any class or representative arbitration proceeding. Except as may be required by law, neither a party nor the arbitrator may disclose the existence, content, or results of any arbitration without the prior written consent of both parties, unless to protect or pursue a legal right. Notwithstanding anything to the contrary in this Agreement, if Bean Products makes any future change to this arbitration provision, you may reject the change by sending Us written notice within 30 days of the change to 1500 S. Western Ave Suite 4BN, Chicago IL 60608, United States, in which case this arbitration provision, as in effect immediately prior to the changes you rejected, will continue to govern any disputes between you and Bean Products.
If any term or provision of this Section is invalid, illegal, or unenforceable in any jurisdiction, such invalidity, illegality, or unenforceability shall not affect any other term or provision of this Section or invalidate or render unenforceable such term or provision in any other jurisdiction. If for any reason a dispute proceeds in court rather than in arbitration, the parties hereby waive any right to a jury trial. This arbitration provision shall survive any cancellation or termination of your agreement to participate in any of our Programs.
14. State Law:
- Florida: We endeavor to comply with the Florida Telemarketing Act and the Florida Do Not Call Act as applicable to Florida residents. For purposes of compliance, you agree that we may assume that you are a Florida resident if, at the time of opt-in to Program, (1) your shipping address, as provided is located in Florida or (2) the area code for the phone number used to opt-into the Program is a Florida area code. You agree that the requirements of the Florida Telemarketing Act and the Florida Do Not Call Act do not apply to you, and you shall not assert that you are a Florida resident, if you do not meet either of these criteria or, in the alternative, do not affirmatively advise us in writing that you are a Florida resident by sending written notice to us. Insofar as you are a Florida resident, you agree that mobile messages sent by Us in direct response to mobile messages or requests from You (including but are not limited to response to Keywords, opt-in, help or stop requests and shipping notifications) shall not constitute a “telephonic sales call” or “commercial telephone solicitation phone call” for purposes of Florida Statutes Section 501 (including but not limited to sections 501.059 and 501.616), to the extent the law is otherwise relevant and applicable.
- Washington: To the extent the law is relevant and applicable to the Program, we endeavor to comply with the commercial telephone solicitation requirements pursuant to the Revised Code of Washington (RCW) (including but not limited to sections 80.36.390, 19.158.040, 19.158.110 and 19.158) as applicable to Washington residents. For purposes of compliance, you agree that we may assume that you are a Washington resident if, at the time of opt-in to the Program, the area code for the phone number used to opt-into the Program is a Washington area code.
16. Miscellaneous. You warrant and represent to Us that you have all necessary rights, power, and authority to agree to the terms and perform your obligations hereunder, and nothing contained in this Agreement or in the performance of such obligations will place you in breach of any other contract or obligation. The failure of either party to exercise in any respect any right provided for herein will not be deemed a waiver of any further rights hereunder. If any provision of this Agreement is found to be unenforceable or invalid, that provision will be limited or eliminated to the minimum extent necessary so that the terms of this Agreement will otherwise remain in full force and effect and enforceable. Any new features, changes, updates or improvements of the Program shall be subject to these terms unless explicitly stated otherwise in writing. We reserve the right to change these terms from time to time. Any updates to this Agreement shall be communicated to you. Prior to such communication, the terms of this Agreement in effect as last made available to you immediately prior to your receipt of the notice will continue to govern our relationship. You acknowledge your responsibility to review this Agreement from time to time and to be aware of any such changes. By continuing to participate in the Program after any such changes, you accept this Agreement, as modified.
Personal Information We Collect
When you sign up for the Messaging Service, We collect personal information such as your name, phone number, and email address. When you use the Messaging Service to send or receive messages, We collect communications metadata (e.g., the time/date a message was sent or received) and the contents of any communications you send or receive via the Messaging Service.
We may also collect information about you using cookies or similar technologies on Our website or other digital properties. Cookies are small text files placed on device browsers that store preferences and facilitate and enhance your experience. Cookies enable personalization of your experience via the Messaging Service (e.g., sending you personalized text messages such as shopping cart reminders).
If you participate in a contest, sweepstakes, research study, or email survey associated with the Messaging Service, We will collect basic contact information and any other information you choose to provide in connection with these activities. We will also collect your personal information if you contact Us with questions about the Messaging Service or for customer service.
Use of Personal Information
We use your information to deliver, analyze, maintain and support the Messaging Service. We may also use your information to enhance the Messaging Service features and customize and personalize your experiences on the Messaging Service.
We may use your personal information to generate aggregated and/or de-identified information. Aggregated and/or de-identified information is not personal information and may be shared with any third party, including advertisers, promotional partners, and sponsors.
Sharing of Personal Information
- Third Parties that Help Provide the Messaging Service. We may share your personal information with third parties that help Us provide the Messaging Service (including, but not limited to, platform providers, phone companies, and other vendors who assist us in the delivery of text messages).
- Legal Requirements, Disclosures to Protect Us or Others. We may disclose any information We store associated with you to external parties if We, in good faith, believe doing so is required or appropriate to: comply with law enforcement or national security requests and legal process, such as a court order or subpoena; protect your, Our, or others' rights, property, or safety; enforce Our policies or contracts; collect amounts owed to Us; or assist with an investigation or prosecution of suspected or actual illegal activity.
When you complete forms online or otherwise provide Us information in connection with the Messaging Service, you agree to provide accurate, complete, and true information. You agree not to use a false or misleading name or a name that you are not authorized to use. If, in Our sole discretion, We believe that any such information is untrue, inaccurate, or incomplete, or you have opted into the Messaging Service for an ulterior purpose, We may refuse you access to the Messaging Service and pursue any appropriate legal remedies.
Choices and Controls
Text messages may be sent via an automatic telephone dialing system. Consent to receive automated marketing text messages is not a condition of any purchase. You can opt-out of receiving further commercial text messages via the Messaging Service by responding to any of Our text messages with any of the following replies: STOP, END, CANCEL, UNSUBSCRIBE, or QUIT. For additional opt-out information, please review Our Terms of Service.
If you are experiencing any problems with the Messaging Service, please visit https://beanproducts.com and submit the form with details about your problem or your request for support, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Supplemental California Privacy Notice
This Supplemental California Privacy Notice only applies to Our processing of personal information via the Messaging Service that is subject to the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 ("CCPA"). The CCPA provides California residents with the right to know what categories of personal information We have collected about them and whether We have disclosed that personal information for a business purpose (e.g., to a service provider) in the preceding twelve months. California residents can find this information below:
|Category of Personal Information Collected by Us||Categories of Third Parties Personal Information is Disclosed to for a Business Purpose|
|Identifiers||• Service providers|
|Personal information categories listed in Cal. Civ. Code § 1798.80(e)||• Service providers|
|Commercial information||• Service providers|
|Internet or other electronic network activity||• Service providers|
|Inferences drawn from other personal information to create a profile about a consumer||• Service providers|
Additional Privacy Rights for California Residents
Individual Rights under the CCPA.
The CCPA provides California residents with the right to request:
- Access to Personal Information, including obtaining access to or a copy of your personal information.
- Deletion of Personal Information
If you are a California resident and would like to exercise any of your rights under the CCPA, please contact Us at email@example.com. We will process such requests in accordance with applicable laws.
Non-Discrimination. California residents have the right not to receive discriminatory treatment by Us for the exercise of their rights conferred by the CCPA.
Authorized Agent. Only you, or someone legally authorized to act on your behalf, may make a verifiable consumer request related to your personal information. To designate an authorized agent, please contact Us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Verification. When you make a request, We will ask you to provide sufficient information that allows Us to reasonably verify you are the person about whom we collected personal information or an authorized representative, which may include confirming the email address or phone number associated with any personal information We have about you.