Hemp Shower Curtain – Bath, Tub + Stall Sizes – Made in USA
Our hemp shower curtains are constructed with 9 oz. Romanian Natural Hemp Fabric, processed in an old world European ecological method, avoiding all harsh chemicals. Hemp plants are grown naturally without pesticides or fertilizers, hemp fiber is naturally processed and then turned into fine hemp yarns which get woven into extraordinary hemp fabric using best methods, supporting well paid workers in an emerging East European democracy. We cut and sew our hemp curtains at the Bean Products factory in Chicago, Illinois USA. Lastly, our hemp shower curtains are grommeted with high quality rustproof nickel plated brass grommets.
- Better for you, your home and our Planet. Natural Handcrafted Hemp Shower Curtain - no PVC liner needed - Eco Friendly - Made in USA by Bean Products
- Chose standard tub size 70 in. wide x 74 in. long, Large Stall 54 in.wide x 74 in.long, and small stall 35 in. wide x 74 in. long.
- Built to last. Our hemp curtains will not billow in towards the shower spray like lightweight toxic PVC plastic liners. Our hemp shower curtains will get wet, but will not leak through. They will air dry - helping to prevent mold growth associated with plastic liners. We use wide seamless fabrics. Our hemp canvas dries quickly - its translucency allows light to filter through for a beautiful natural color.
- Our Long Lasting Hemp Shower Curtains are made from sustainable eco-friendly fabrics. Note: please fully extend the curtain after use to aid in drying. Natural fabric shower curtains need to be washed just like your towels. Wash at least once per month and dry thoroughly to prevent mold. Any type of curtain or surface, even silicone caulk can mildew and our hemp shower curtains are NOT guaranteed against mildew. Heavy use or poor ventilation of the curtain will increase the washing frequency. The hemp shower curtain can be used outside as a special natural decorative curtain. Colorfast Bleach or other mildew stain treatments can be used if needed.
- Optional Rustproof shower easy roll rings are designed with special flat rollers for easier movement. The large hoops will accommodate multiple curtains. Special designed flat roller bearings are guaranteed to roll easily on any curtain rod. The curtain and ring combo are a great value! Proudly Made in Chicago USA by Bean Products - Our 32nd Year of making quality natural products.
This product is part of our extensive line of Made in the USA Shower Curtains. Check out our other related products in this collection:
Yes, the hemp shower curtain is more expensive than cheap plastic shower curtain liners, but it's worth paying extra: You are doing the right thing for your health and for the environment: no off-gassing of chemicals (which you get from plastic shower curtain liners), no petroleum needed to make a hemp shower curtain. The hemp shower curtain is nice looking and well made. It air dries in about a day...
I had this for only six weeks and followed the instructions: I washed it after 4 weeks, and made sure it was airing out in between shower use. After six weeks, it started to developed mold.
It’s beautiful! I love that it’s organic hemp, made local (i live near Chicago), and fair trade sources, but the mold is incredibly disappointing, especially after 6 weeks.
So you get a natural, sustainable product. I'm all for that. And it has an attractive appearance. There are many potential cons, however. No choices in color or pattern. One length available - and it is fairly important for drying not to have too much excess (we need to get ours hemmed about 8 inches). Drying between showers is a concern and requires more attention than most conventional shower curtains. Machine drying causes substantial shrinkage - most of which is undone as the curtain hangs and gets wet.
I was pleased to find a sustainable shower curtain made in the USA with fair trade practices!
Love this shower curtain. Fantastic!!